We will start the Palianytsia podcast, dedicated to the history of Ukraine, with an episode about the Holodomor, the famine caused by Stalin, his decrees and political decisions between 1932 and 1933. The famine peaked in late spring 1933.
Holodomor, a term formed from the Ukrainian words for starvation (holod) and extermination (mor), was part of the more extensive famine (1931-1934) in Soviet Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, but the one in Ukraine claimed the most victims, with millions of people losing their lives.
INFORMATION AND INTERVIEWS WITH SURVIVORS:
TESTIMONIALS & AUDIO HIGHLIGHTS:
- Kyiv Post: Holodomor survivor tells his story
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Holodomor: How Millions Of Ukrainians Died of Starvation During Stalin-Era Mass Famine
- Holodomor: Stalin's Secret Genocide (2016 documentary short)
- Cambridge and Gareth Jones: 'Sharing His Story to the World'
- «Голод-33»/ Holod-33 (1991)
- Tulia - Nothing Else Matters
- Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (Instrumental Version)
- Dakhabrakha - Sho Z-Pod Duba
- Dakhabrakha - Buvayte Zdorovi
- Тріо Marenich - Ой у гаю при Дунаю
- Pink Floyd - Pigs
- The Necks - Aquatic 1
- The Doors - Riders On The Storm
- Dakhabrakha - Torokh
- Black Sabbath - War Pigs
- Along the village (1933)
- The Harvest Song (1949)
- Kantata about Stalin (1937)